BC Region AGM and ElectionsPosted: October 06th, 2016
CSIA BC Board of Directors Election
Do you know someone ready to give back to the membership by sitting on the CSIA BC Board? Is it you?
Among the qualities that come in handy, we are seeking Board members with the following skills:
- Social Media & IT (to help influence how we manage our platforms)
- Business (to make sure we are good stewards of member equity)
Currently, we have 1 Director's seat up for election. Incumbent Director Kim Fournel of the South Western Zone will be running for re-election. This position is available for members in good standing and are open to any member in that region. Nominations are being accepted for the election. The seat available is:
- 1 Director seat from South Western Zone
In total, the CSIA BC Committee has 4 zones with 7 Directors:
- 3 Directors from the South Western Zone
- 1 Director from the Northern Zone
- 1 Director from the Okanagan Zone
- 1 Director from the Kootenay Zone
- 1 Director at Large
To qualify for a Director's position in a specific zone you must be a member in good standing, a resident of British Columbia, and reside in the zone for which you would like to run. The Director seat is a 3-year term. A Director seat can be served for a maximum of 6 consecutive years (2 terms).
If you are interested in becoming a Director please contact Paul Sauvé by email at email@example.com. Deadline to be considered for the ballot is Friday, October 28, 2016.
Voting for CSIA BC Region Board of Director seats will now take place electronically at snowpro.com through your member’s profile.
- The election process for the BC Region Board of Directors is conducted by electronic ballot; and is open, as per the CSIA BC By-laws, to those members in good standing, who reside in the region.
- Members are entitled to one vote; and once the ballot has been submitted, it is irrevocable.
- Eligible members can cast their vote electronically by accessing their member’s profile, clicking on the BALLOT tab; completing the ballot and clicking the SUBMIT button. The deadline to cast your vote electronically is Monday, November 21, 2016.
This year only, because voting at the AGM used to be our practice, the CSIA BC will also count votes cast at the AGM (in person or by proxy). Should you be unable to vote online or attend the AGM, please use the proxy form found in the 2016 ProView magazine.
This election is a great opportunity for you…CSIA members, to choose who can best represent your interests on the CSIA BC Board of Directors and who can influence the future direction of the CSIA. To help you with selecting your candidate, we encourage you to read the biographies which will be published on http://www.snowpro.com/bc
This winter the BC Region and CSIA National will host a joint AGM at the Aava Hotel in Whistler, Sunday 27 November, at 4pm. We encourage all members in good standing to come join us and become involved in the business of managing your organization.
CSIA BC AGM – Sunday 27 November, 2016, 4:00pm Aava Hotel, Whistler
Please note that voting for directors is now moving online to electronic balloting. Please visit http://www.snowpro.com to learn about the candidates and to cast your ballot.
Correction: The original posting announced two seats for election. This was a mistake and a subsiquent announcement has been made - Election Announcement Correction